[Python-Dev] Keyword arg dictionary without keyword arguments

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:23:56 -0500 (EST)

  JJ> Recently, Guido van Rossum <guido@digicool.com> said:
  >> > I get the impression that I'm currently seeing a non-NULL third
  >> > argument in my (C) methods even though the method is called
  >> > without keyword arguments.
  >>
  >> > Is this new semantics that I missed the discussion about, or is
  >> > this a bug?
  >>
  >> [...]  Do you really need the NULL?

  JJ> The places that I know I was counting on the NULL now have "if (
  JJ> kw && PyObject_IsTrue(kw))", so I'll just have to hope there
  JJ> aren't any more lingering in there.

Guido,

Does your query ("Do you really need the NULL?") mean that you don't
care whether the argument is NULL or an empty dictionary?  I could
change the code to do either for 2.1a2, if you have a preference.

Jeremy