[Python-Dev] I think my set module is ready for prime time; comments?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:36:59 -0700

> """
> A set-algebra module for Python.
>
> The functions work on any sequence type and return lists.
> The set methods can take a set or any sequence type as an argument.
> They are insensitive to the types of the elements.
>
> Lists are used rather than dictionaries so the elements can be mutable.
>
> """

Hmm.  I was hoping this was actually a C extension for the performance boost,
esp. given the number of __foo__ methods in the set class.

Implementation in Python makes my interest in adding it to the standard lib
more tepid (not to cast the least bit of aspersion on your work).