[Python-Dev] Re: getting rid of ucnhash

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@effbot.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:49:09 +0100

martin wrote:

> > Should I check it in now, change the names/semantics and check it
> > in, or post it to sourceforge?
>
> Is that two or three options?

three, I think.

> If three, what change in semantics did you propose?

none -- but maybe someone else has a better name for "lookup"?

(the "name" function behaves like the existing property methods
in 2.0's unicodedata)

> Anyway, I feel it could go in right now; the only breakage would be to
> applications that use ucnhash.ucnhashAPI, right?

yup -- and those applications are already broken, since the CObject
was renamed in 2.1a1.

(well, any code using 2.1a1's new ucnhash.getcode/getname functions
will of course also break.  but I think we can live with that ;-)

Cheers /F