[Python-Dev] I think my set module is ready for prime time; comments?

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:07:08 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Greg Ewing <greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> This could be incorporated into PyDict. Instead of storing keys and
> values in the same array, keep them in separate arrays and only
> allocate the values array the first time someone stores a value other
> than 1.

Cool idea, but even cooler (would catch more idioms, that is) is
"the first time someone stores something not 'is'  something in the
dict, allocate the values array". This would catch small numbers,
None and identifier-looking strings, for the measly cost of one
pointer/dict object.

--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.