[Python-Dev] test___all__ failing; Windows

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:44:17 -0600 (CST)

    Fredrik> I think the correct answer is "sometimes":

    Fredrik>     ANSI C mandates LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE,
    Fredrik>     LC_MONETARY, LC_NUMERIC, and LC_TIME

    Fredrik>     Unix mandates LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE,LC_CTYPE,
    Fredrik>     LC_MESSAGES, LC_MONETARY, LC_NUMERIC, and
    Fredrik>     LC_TIME

    Fredrik> in other words, if it's supported, it should be exposed by
    Fredrik> the Python bindings.

Then this suggests that either Tim's hack is the correct fix (leave it out
because we can't rely on it always being there) or I should add it to
__all__ at the bottom of the file if and only if it's present in the
module's namespace.

Skip