[Python-Dev] webbrowser.py

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:31:55 -0500

Moshe Zadka <moshez@zadka.site.co.il>:
> > How will the expected adherence of apps to BROWSER jive with the
> > current (and poorly understood by me) Windows convention of
> > specifying the "default" browser somewhere in the registry?
>
> The "webbrowser" module should prefer to take the setting from the
> registry on windows.

Um, that's not the way it works right now. The windows-default browser choice
launches the registered default browser, but BROWSER may have something else
in its search list first.

The real point of audits is to instill fear, not to extract revenue;
the IRS aims at winning through intimidation and (thereby) getting
maximum voluntary compliance
	-- Paul Strassel, former IRS Headquarters Agent Wall St. Journal 1980