[Python-Dev] Fw: random.py gives wrong results (+ a solution)

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:58:03 -0500

[/F, fwds a c.l.py claim that random.betavariate is dead wrong]

Not to worry; I had already entered that into the SF bug database and
assigned it to me (hmm:  why would you send it to Python-Dev instead of
putting it in the database?).  I suspect he's correct, and, more
importantly, so does Ivan Frohne.  We'll settle it before 2.1a2, but perhaps
not today.  Alas, I have no idea where the original code came from ("Guido"
isn't a useful answer -- he was just converting somebody else's C++ code to
Python).