[Python-Dev] Windows compile broken

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:26:04 +0100

Tim Peters wrote:

> Linking...
>    Creating library ./python21.lib and object ./python21.exp
> ceval.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyCell_Set
> ceval.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyCell_Get
> frameobject.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyCell_New
> ./python21.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Sorry if this has already been discussed.  I don't see mention of it in the
> Python-Dev archive, and my email is almost worse than useless (random delays
> of minutes to days, due to what appears to be the simultaneous worldwide
> wedging of every email server servicing every email account I have).

These must be related to checkins by Jeremy and his nested
scopes... (I knew these would get us into trouble ;-)

I think Jeremy forgot to check in the needed change for
Objects/Makefile.in and probably the Windows project file is
missing the new object type too (Objects/cellobject.c).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg