[Python-Dev] Windows compile broken

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:14:52 -0500 (EST)

  MAL> Tim Peters wrote:
  >>
  >> Linking...  Creating library ./python21.lib and object
  >> ./python21.exp ceval.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
  >> symbol _PyCell_Set ceval.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external
  >> symbol _PyCell_Get frameobject.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved
  >> external symbol _PyCell_New ./python21.dll : fatal error LNK1120:
  >> 3 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.
  >>
  >> Sorry if this has already been discussed.  I don't see mention of
  >> it in the Python-Dev archive, and my email is almost worse than
  >> useless (random delays of minutes to days, due to what appears to
  >> be the simultaneous worldwide wedging of every email server
  >> servicing every email account I have).

  MAL> These must be related to checkins by Jeremy and his nested
  MAL> scopes... (I knew these would get us into trouble ;-)

Just you wait and see!

  MAL> I think Jeremy forgot to check in the needed change for
  MAL> Objects/Makefile.in and probably the Windows project file is
  MAL> missing the new object type too (Objects/cellobject.c).

That's right.  I didn't change the Makefile in Objects or do anything
with Windows.  Don't know how to do the latter, but perhaps Tim will
stop by my desk next week and show me.  As for the Makefile, I thought
I saw a message from Neil saying not to update those anymore.

Jeremy