[Python-Dev] setup.py

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:27:56 -0500

M.-A. Lemburg <mal@lemburg.com>:
> 1. I think that setup.py should output warnings about modules
>    which cannot be built for some reason rather than having
>    ot the build process completely.
>
> 2. I suggest adding -L/usr/lib/termcap to the readline extension.
>    This doesn't hurt anywhere and will get this extension to compile
>    on SuSE Linux too.

Both good ideas.

Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders,
citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property,
as individuals, and their rights as freemen.
        -- "M.T. Cicero", in a newspaper letter of 1788 touching the "militia"
            referred to in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.