[Python-Dev] Nightly CVS tarballs

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:28:40 +0100

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> "Martin v. Loewis" wrote:
>  > What's wrong with
>  >
>  > http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/python-cvsroot.tar.gz
>
> M.-A. Lemburg writes:
>  > I didn't realize that SF does this automagically. Could someone
>  > please redirect the link on the python.org cvs page to the
>  > above address (David Ascher's tarball generation stopped in
>  > February 2000 !).
>
>   Did you want a "snapshot" or a copy of the repository?  What SF
> produces is a tarball of the repository, not a snapshot.

I meant a copy of what you get when you check out the Python
CVS tree wrapped into a .tar.gz file. The size of the above
archive (16MB) suggests that a lot more is going into the
.tar.gz file. A .tar.gz of the CVS checkout is around 4MB in
size. Looks like we still need to do something after all ;)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg