[Python-Dev] Re: C's for statement

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:06:19 -0500

Guido van Rossum <guido@digicool.com>:
> Not dead set against something like it, but dead set against the ?:
> syntax because then : becomes too overloaded for the human reader, e.g.:
>
>     if foo ? bar : bletch : spam = eggs
>
> If you want to revive this, I strongly suggest writing a PEP first
> before posting here.

Noted.  Will do.

Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders,
citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property,
as individuals, and their rights as freemen.
        -- "M.T. Cicero", in a newspaper letter of 1788 touching the "militia"
            referred to in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.