[Python-Dev] Sets: elt in dict, lst.include - really begs for a PEP

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 07:26:48 +0100

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 06:17:25PM -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> The fact that it was easy for Thomas to implement "if key in dict" doesn't
> make the overall concept less controversial.

Note that the fact I implemented it doesn't mean I'm +1 on it (witness my
posts on python-list.) In fact, *while implementing it*, I grew from +0 to
-0 and maybe even to a weak -1 (all in 5 minutes :) The enthousiastic
subject of the patch was a weak attempt at 5AM humour, not a venting of an
ancient desire :)

More-5AM-humour-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>