[Python-Dev] Re: Python 2.1.1 release 'schedule'

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:27:24 +0200

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 12:36:20AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

> [Thomas Wouters]
> > Binaries for Windows as well as source tarballs will be provided ...

> Building a Windows installer isn't straightforward, so you'd better let us
> do that part (e.g., you need the Wise installer program, Fred needs to
> supply appropriate HTML docs for the Windows installer to zip up, Tcl/Tk has
> to get unpacked and rearranged, etc).  I just checked in 2.1.1c1 changes to
> the Windows part of the release21-maint tree, but the rest of it isn't in
> CVS.

Oh yeah, I was entirely going to let you guys do it, or at least find
another set of wintendows-weenies to do it :) That's part of why I posted
the tentative release dates.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>