[Python-Dev] Checkin problems (slightly off-topic)

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:28:49 +0200

After I tried to set up syncmail notification for
the anygui project, I did not get it to work.
Then I found out that exactly the same problem
occurs if I try to checkin into other SF projects
I have, also python. Here is the message I get:

C:\sf\distutils\distutils\command>cvs commit -m "dummy checkin for testing, please ignore"

cvs commit: Examining .
Checking in bdist_wininst.py;
/cvsroot/python/distutils/distutils/command/bdist_wininst.py,v  <--  bdist_wininst.py
done
Mailing python-checkins@python.org...
Generating notification message...
Generating notification message... done.
2001-07-04 09:52:14 Failed to get user name for uid 34174

The checkin succeeded, but no mail is sent :-(
I have no clue what uid 34174 is, surely not
my SF user id (which is 11105).

Has anyone seen this problem before, or can
offer other help?

Thanks,

Thomas