[Python-Dev] Making a .pyd using Cygwin?

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:23:58 +1200 (NZST)

Is it feasible to compile a Python extension module
for Windows using Cygwin?

I have tried this, and the linker tells me that it can't
export '_bss_start__', '_bss_end__', '_data_start__'
and '_data_end__' because they're not defined.

I tried defining some symbols with those names in a
c file and got it to link, but importing the resulting
extension causes the interpreter to hang.

I'm using Python 2.1, Windows 2000 Professional, and
whatever version of Cygwin was the latest as of a
couple of days ago.

Thanks for any help,