[Python-Dev] Leading with XML-RPC

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:19:26 -0400

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 12:52:27PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>    Eric> Therefore the concrete proposal: we should make XML-RPC support in
>    Eric> the Python standard library a goal for 2.2.  I'd like to see votes
>    Eric> and/or a BDFL pronouncement on this goal.

+0, I think.  Having the module available might lead people to make
more services available through XML-RPC.  My misgiving is that XML-RPC
is pretty limited, the lack of support for None being particularly
painful to a Python programmer.  Perhaps, if we can only have one,
SOAP would be better, but I haven't used SOAP seriously for anything
yet.

--amk