[Python-Dev] Leading with XML-RPC

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:09:06 +0200

I'm in a hurry, so here's a short version of what I think:

+1 on xmlrpclib.py in 2.2

+1 on a pure-python davlib.py in 2.2 (greg, please?)

-0 on soap support in 2.2 (it's still a moving target; a new spec draft
was released this weekend).  if we want something now, it should be
cayce ullman's SOAP.py, not my soaplib.py.  but I don't think we need
SOAP in the standard library for another year or two.

(fwiw, my current thinking is that SOAP is a flawed idea, and that the
need for SOAP will go away when people get better XML/Schema tools,
but that's another story.  and don't get me started on SOAP BDG...)

Cheers /F