[Python-Dev] CVS build failures? posixmodule.c on Linux RH6.1

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:16:07 +0200

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 06:05:20PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I just did a fresh cvs update, make distclean, configure, make and
> posixmodule.c is now failing to compile.  Looks like it's Thomas
> recent nice() patch that's failing because PRIO_PROCESS isn't defined
> unless sys/resource.h is #included (at least on this RH6.1-ish Linux
> box).

The same problem exists on BSD-ish systems, and I changed the patch for some
other reasons as well. I'm double-checking it works on more systems right
now, and will commit in a few minutes :) Sorry it was delayed long enough
for most of you to run into this problem (or so it seems) but we had a big
network outage that had a bit higher priority ;P

FWIW, not just Linux has a boken nice()... BSDI and FreeBSD have it, too,
and they also note nice() has been obsoleted. I'll provide a patch to use
setpriority/getpriority for the 2.2 tree, falling back to nice() only if
they aren't available.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>