[Python-Dev] PEP 250 - site-packages on Windows: (Was: [Distutils] Package DB: strawman PEP)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:57:49 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Guido]
> > I just read that PEP over, and I agree with it.  I think it should be
> > implemented.  If anyone with sourceforge permission would like to
> > champion this PEP further (by implementing the modest change it
> > suggests so that it can be rolled out with Python 2.2a1 next week),
> > that would really help!
>
> Umm, what am I missing?  The change to site.py was so simple you could have
> committed it yourself quicker than it took to write the above.  I committed
> it a few minutes ago.  If something else is needed, someone else will have
> to do it (or explain it to me in detail so precise they could do it themself
> 10x quicker <wink>).

Cool, but what about the changes needed in distutils to actually
utilize the new directory and the changes to the Windows installer
to create the directory at installation time ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH