[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1 and distutils

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:07:45 +0200

I've got a few distutils fixes pending (the unixcompiler thing, and
Just/Jack mentioned a few Mac/Metroworks fixes they wanted in) but I'm not
sure how to handle this; distutils has a separate version number, and I seem
to recall it is/was developed seperately. Basically I'm distutils-ignorant,
as I hardly have a need to distribute my scripts :)

Anyway, should I apply the fixes and up the version number ? Apply the fixes
but keep quiet about them ? Hand the fixes over to someone with distutils
clue ? Scream and shout ? (Always my favorite, that ;P)

(BTW, Jack, Just, I'm waiting for one of you to follow up on the metroworks
thing; just mail me the patches, preferably written in blood, with a signed
confession that they won't break any code what so ever :-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>