[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1 and distutils

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:55:11 -0400

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:07:45PM +0200, Thomas Wouters wrote:
>Anyway, should I apply the fixes and up the version number ? Apply the fixes
>but keep quiet about them ? Hand the fixes over to someone with distutils
>clue ? Scream and shout ? (Always my favorite, that ;P)

Apply the fixes and don't bother increasing the version number.  The
standalone Distutils releases happen in sync with Python releases, and
are so that users of older Python versions, particularly 1.5.2, can
get the current set of Distutils fixes.  I don't think there have been
enough changes at this point to make it worth issuing a new Distutils
release; indeed, I don't know if it's worth the bother of issuing them
any longer.

--amk