[Python-Dev] some unassigned bugs - where should they go?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:37:43 -0500

https://sourceforge.net/my/ is a very useful page, 'cuz it reminds you of
all the bugs assigned to you as well as all the bugs you submitted that
haven't been closed. ;-)

In reviewing bugs that I submitted, I find these that have yet to be
assigned to anybody:

    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=440725&group_id=5470&atid=105470
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=427073&group_id=5470&atid=105470

one bug and one patch that were assigned to Ping (probably by me, 'cuz I
knew they were in his inspect and pydoc code)

    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=426740&group_id=5470&atid=105470
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=419419&group_id=5470&atid=305470

and one bug that got assigned to Guido:

    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=424554&group_id=5470&atid=305470

I assume the last one should probably be reassigned.  I can't believe it
would actually need BDFL eyes to figure out or approve.

Should I just randomly (or otherwise) assign the first two to someone?  Ping
seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.  Has anyone heard from
him lately?  In fact, there were seven bugs assigned to Ping between March
and May, all related to pydoc or inspect.

Skip