[Python-Dev] 2.2 Unicode questions

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:52:20 -0400

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 08:10:08AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Untrue: it supports range(0x110000) (in UCS-2 mode this returns a
>surrogate pair).  Now, maybe that's not what it *should* do...

I formed the impression that all of the UCS-4 and surrogate work was
for the goal of supporting ISO 10646 (or whatever the number is -- you
know, the 31-bit character set), so everything is written with that
assumption.  Presumably that's wrong.  Is ISO 10646 on the roadmap at
this point, or is it completely irrelevant?

Your other corrections will get applied; thanks!

--amk