[Python-Dev] 2.2 Unicode questions

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:10:26 -0400

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 05:07:35PM -0700, David Ascher wrote:
>Unicode is the first technology I have to deal with which makes me hope
>I die before I really _really_ *really* need to understand it fully.

Welcome to the quote file (again), David!  And Barry, thanks for
posting your quote; if you hadn't posted it, I would have.  We mustn't
forget the third Unicode reference:

I never realized it before, but having looked that over I'm certain
I'd rather have my eyes burned out by zombies with flaming dung sticks
than work on a conscientious Unicode regex engine.
    -- Tim Peters, 3 Dec 1998

Doesn't anyone have *anything* nice to say about Unicode?

--amk