[Python-Dev] Re: [Q] patches in maintenace branch

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:31:17 -0400

{Fred, to Thomas]
>   I'd also like to thank you -- you did a great job as the release
> manager for 2.1.1!

[Thomas Wouters]
> Pfah, no, I didn't :) It started out good, but I lost energy and focus
> in the end.

Welcome to the club.  No matter how much you may want to beat yourself up,
you did an infinitely better job than the non-existent 2.1.1 release manager
you didn't replace.  Since the release is out, and on schedule, the only
objective thing to be said is that your efforts met with more success than
97.31% of all industry releases!  If you're very nice to Guido, he may even
let you do it again <wink>.