[Python-Dev] IPv6 committed

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:48:39 +0200

Hi itojun,

As you may have noticed, I just committed the last chunk of your IPv6
patch. Thanks a lot for your contributions, I think you've provided a
highly valuable contribution to Python 2.2. We still have to figure
out a way to provide documentation, but I expect that we can complete
that before 2.2a2.

As with all new code, there may occur some problems; I hope you'll be
around for the coming weeks and give the professional advise that
you've provided throughout the integration of the code.

People finding problems in the IPv6 code (ie. with the current socket
applications) are encouraged to use the SF bug-reporting procedure as
they do for all other problems in the Python libraries; you can assign
all such bugs to me.

Kind regards,
Martin