[Python-Dev] pep-discuss

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:40:37 -0700

We've talked about having a mailing list for general PEP-related
discussions. Two things make me think that revisiting this would be a
good idea right now.

First, the recent loosening up of the python-dev rules threatens the
quality of discussion about bread and butter issues such as patch
discussions and process issues.

Second, the flamewar on python-list basically drowned out the usual
newbie questions and would give a person coming new to Python a very
negative opinion about the language's future and the friendliness of the
community. I would rather redirect as much as possible of that to a list
that only interested participants would have to endure.
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.