[Python-Dev] PEP for adding a decimal type to Python

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Michael McLay wrote:

> Absolutely.  The PEP process is suppose to formalize the capture of
> ideas so they can be reference. This PEP is mostly orthogonal to
> Aahz's proposal.  They can be merge, or we can reference each others
> PEP.  I'm probably not the best choice for doing the implement of the
> decimal number semantics, so I'd be happy to work with Aahz.

Note that I am unwilling to discuss this in the context of any PEP
until/unless I finish my implementation.  There is already a spec for
what I'm doing (Cowlishaw), and I see no point in talking until code is
ready for use.  If someone wants to take over my work, I won't complain;
I've already done the easy work.  ;-)
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.