[Python-Dev] Python API version & optional features

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:56:32 +0200

Martin has uploaded a patch which modifies the Python API level
number depending on the setting of the compile time option
for internal Unicode width (UCS-2/UCS-4):

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=445717&group_id=5470&atid=305470

I am not sure whether this is the right way to approach this
problem, though, since it affects all extensions -- not only
ones using Unicode.

If at all possible, I'd prefer some other means to
handle this situation (extension developers are certainly not
going to start shipping binaries for narrow and wide Python
versions if their extension does not happen to use Unicode).

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg