[Python-Dev] Python on Playstation 2

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:52:26 +0200

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:26:43AM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Paul Prescod writes:
>  > It isn't publicly available but Python has been ported to the
>  > Playstation 2 video game console. The only weakness is that a binary
>  > distribution wouldn't be useful because the format of Playstation CDs
>  > isn't portable. Jason Asbahr told me about. Perhaps at the python

I'd *love* a copy of that :)

>   I'm curious:  Is it the filesystem format or the lower-level
> tracking format?  If its only the former, a prepared image should be
> useful.

A prepared image won't help. Playstation CD's are copy-protected using a
gimmick that makes images useless (unless you perform or get someone to
perform a probably illegal operation on your console ;)

>   (And no, I don't have a PS2 waiting to boot up Python!)

I do.. It's not exactly doing nothing right now, but it can sure use some
Python :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>