[Python-Dev] Picking on platform fmod

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:56:44 -0400

Greg Ward <gward@python.net>:
> On 28 July 2001, Tim Peters said:
> > Here's your chance to prove your favorite platform isn't a worthless pile of
> > monkey crap <wink>.  Please run the attached.  If it prints anything other
> > than
>
> Oops, another data point: I didn't see an AMD Athlon or Linux 2.4 in
> your list of successes, so here's one:

My RH 7.1 success report should have been more specific.  Also 2.4.2,
running on a Dual Pentium II box.

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they
are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America
cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the people are armed,
and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.
	-- Noah Webster