[Python-Dev] Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:53:24 -0700

Michael Hudson wrote:

>     I propose adding a fourth, optional, "flags" argument to the
>     builtin "compile" function.  If this argument is omitted, there
>     will be no change in behaviour from that of Python 2.1.
>
>     If it is present it is expected to be an integer, representing
>     various possible compile time options as a bitfield.

Nit: What is the virtue to using a C-style bitfield? The efficiency
isn't much of an issue. I'd prefer either keyword arguments or a list of
strings.
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.