[Python-Dev] Parrot -- should life imitate satire?

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:35:17 -0400

Guido van Rossum <guido@zope.com>:
> I'm looking forward to Eric's comparison of the two run-time systems.
> (Eric, be sure to use a copy of 2.2a1 or the descr-branch -- *don't*
> use the CVS trunk.)

What would the CVS magic invocation for that be?

And...um...why?  Has the bytecode changed significantly recently?

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.  It will often be exercised when
wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little
rebellion now and then.	-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, 1787