[Python-Dev] Damn... I think I might have just muffed a checkin

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:28:01 +0200

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 01:06:01PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I just updated httplib.py to expand the list of names in its __all__ list.
> I was operating on version 1.34.  After the checkin I am looking at version
> 1.34.2.1.  I see that Lib/CVS/Tag exists in my directory tree and says
> "release21-maint".  Did I muff it?  If so, how should I do an unmuff
> operation?

You had a sticky tag on the file, probably because you used
'-rrelease21-maint' on a cvs checkout or update. Good thing it was
release21-maint, though, and not some random other revision, or you would
have created another branch :-)

You can remove stickyness by using 'cvs update -A'. I personally just have
two trees, ~/python/python-2.2 and ~/python/python-2.1.1, where the last one
was checked out with -rrelease21-maint.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>