[Python-Dev] One more dict trick

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:56:26 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:

> Another version of the patch attached, a bit faster and with a large new
> comment block explaining it.  It's looking good!  As I hope the new comments
> make clear, nothing about this approach is "a mystery" -- there are
> explainable reasons for each fiddly bit.  This gives me more confidence in
> it than in the previous approach, and, indeed, it turned out that when I
> *thought* "hmm! I bet this change would be a little faster!", it actually
> was <wink>.

Thanks a lot for this nice patch. It looks like a real improvement.
Also thanks for mentioning my division idea. Since all bits of
the hash are eventually taken into account, this idea has somehow
survived in an even more efficient solution, good end, file closed.
(and good that I saved the time to check my patch in, lately :-)

cheers - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>
Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/