[Python-Dev] -U option?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 23:47:25 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:

> [MAL]
> > The -U option is there to be able to test drive Python into
> > the Unicode age. As you and many others have noted, there's
> > still a long way to go...
>
> That's cool.  My question is why we're advertising (via -h) an option that
> end users have no chance of using successfully.

I guess I just added the flag to the -h message without thinking
much about it... it was added in some alpha release.

Anyway, these bug reports will keep hitting us which is good in
the sense that it'll eventually push Python into the Unicode
arena. We could need some funding for this, though.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH