[Python-Dev] on announcing point releases

Gregor Hoffleit gregor@hoffleit.de
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:13:17 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:49:58AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I wonder if it would help gain wider distribution for the point releases if
> explicit announcements were sent to the various Linux distributors so they
> could create updated packages (RPMs, debs, whatever) for their users.
>
> On a related note, I see one RedHat email address on python-dev (and one
> Debian address on python-list).  Are there other Linux distributions that
> are heavy Python users (as opposed to simply packaging it up for inclusion)?
> If so, perhaps they should be invited to join python-dev.

Rest assured that Debian is present on python-dev as well, and nervously
looking forward to the maintenance releases ;-) I hope 2.1.1 will make it
out in time as well for our next release (being aware that 'before the next
Debian release happens' is no very tight timeframe ;-).

    Gregor