[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/test test_mailbox.py,1.5,1.6

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:04:46 +0200

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 01:20:07PM -0700, Jack Jansen wrote:

> The test used int(time.time()) to get a random number, but this doesn't
> work on the mac (where times are bigger than ints). Changed to
> int(time.time()%1000000).

Doesn't int(time.time()%sys.maxint) make more sense ? At least you won't be
degrading the sequentiality of this particularly unrandom random number on
platforms where ints really are big enough to hold times :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>