[Python-Dev] os.path.normcase() in site.py

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:35:38 +0200

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 03:51:00AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

[ Tim explains about the century-old, horrid blood feud that cost the lives
  of many an innocent ferret, not to mention bottles of wine, caused by
  Just's future attempts to join python-dev -- damn that timemachine ]

Okay... how about someone takes Guido out for dinner and feeds him way too
many bottles of wine and ferrets to show him such things do not necessarily
lead to blood feuds ? Maybe take along some psychotropic drugs and a halfway
decent hypnotist for safety's measure. Meanwhile Barry subscribes Just to
python-dev and you or someone else with the pickpocket skills to get at the
keys for the time machine (come on, fess up, you all practiced) make sure
Guido can't get at it, lest he try and make up with Just in the past in his
'suggestable' state... Better change the Mailman admin password too, just to
be on the safe side.

Or if that has no chance of a prayer in hell of working, I can give Just a
secret xs4all.nl address (since he has an XS4ALL account nowadays, that
shouldn't be a problem) and we just never tell Guido that py-dev@xs4all.nl
is really Just ;)

> It's very sad, really -- but also wonderfully Dutch.

No, it would only be wondefully dutch if either brother was German or
Belgian in some way, or of royal blood and married to the wrong type of
christian sect (Protestant or Catholic -- I keep forgetting which is which.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>