[Python-Dev] RE: PEP 260: simplify xrange()

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:32:26 -0400

[James Logajan]
> Are there still known bugs that will take some effort to repair? Is
> xrange constantly touched when changes are made elsewhere? If no to
> both, then I suggest don't fix what ain't broken; life is too short.
> (Unless it is annoying you to distraction, then do the deed and get
> it over with.)

I think it's more the latter.  I partly provoked this by bitterly pointing
out that there's more code in the CVS tree devoted to supporting the single
xrange() gimmick than Neil Schemenauer added to support the get-out-of-town
more powerful new generators.  Masses of crufty code nobody benefits from
are a burden on the soul.

although-it-would-be-impolite-to-ask-we-why-still-ship-a-directory-
    full-of-crufty-old-irix5-demos-in-the-std-library<wink>-ly
    y'rs  - tim