[Python-Dev] Re: Case-sensitive import

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:29:09 +0100

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:44:47PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:

[ Tim Peters ]
> > someday I hope to use Cygwin for more
> > than just running "patch" on this box <sigh> ...

> Be careful!  First, you may use grep occasionally.  Next, you may find
> yourself writing shell scripts.  Before you know it, you have crossed
> over to the Unix side.  You have been warned! :,)

Well, Tim used to be a true Jedi Knight, but was won over by the dark side.
His name keeps popping up in decidedly unixlike tools, like Emacs' 'python'
mode. It is certain that his defection brought balance to the force (or at
least to Python) but we'd still like to rescue him before he is forced to
sacrifice himself to save Python. ;)

Lets-just-call-him-anatim-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>