[Python-Dev] just trying to catch up with the semantic

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:37:35 -0500

>     GvR>     To resolve a name, search from the inside out for either
>     GvR> a scope that contains a global statement for that name, or a
>     GvR> scope that contains a definition for that name (or both).

[Barry A. Warsaw]
> I think that's an excellent rule Guido --

Hmm.  After an hour of consideration, I would agree, provided only that the
rule also say you *stop* upon finding the first one <wink>.

> hopefully it's captured somewhere in the docs. :)

The python-dev archives are incorporated into the docs by implicit reference.

you-found-it-you-fix-it-ly y'rs  - tim