[Python-Dev] CML2 compiler slowness

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:12:41 +0100

> Anybody over on the Python side know of a faster alternative LL or
> LR(1) parser generator or factory class?

I'm using Yapps (http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/Yapps/), and find
it quite convenient, and also sufficiently fast (it gives, together
with sre, a factor of two or three over a flex/bison solution of XPath
parsing). I've been using my own lexer (using sre), both to improve
speed and to deal with the subtleties (sp?) of XPath tokenization.  If
you can send me the grammar and some sample sentences, I can help
writing a Yapps parser (as I think Yapps is an under-used kit).

Again, this question is probably better asked on python-list than
python-dev...

Regards,
Martin