[Python-Dev] Patch Manager Guidelines

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:34:33 -0500

[Martin]
> I have to following specific questions: If a patch is accepted, should
> it be closed also? If so, how should the resolution change if it is
> also committed?

[Guido]
> A patch should only be closed after it has been committed; otherwise
> it's too easy to lose track of it.  So I guess the proper sequence is
>
> 1. accept; Resolution set to Accepted
>
> 2. commit; Status set to Closed
>
> I hope the owner of the sf-faq document can fix it.

Heh -- there is no such person.  Since I wrote that Appendix to begin with, I
checked in appropriate changes:  yes, status should be Open if and only if
something still needs to be done (even if that's only a commit); status
should be Closed or Deleted if and only if nothing more should ever be done.