FW: FW: [Python-Dev] Simple generator implementation

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:09:46 -0700

> FYI, I pointed a correspondent to Neil's new generator patch (among other
> things), and got this back.  Not being a Web Guy at heart, I don't have a
> clue about XSLT (just enough to know that 4-letter acronyms are a webb
> abomination <wink>).
>
> Note:  in earlier correspondence, the generator idea didn't seem to "click"
> until I called them "resumable functions" (as I often did in the past, but
> fell out of the habit).  People new to the concept often pick that up
> quicker, or even, as in this case, remember that they once rolled such a
> thing by hand out of prior necessity.
>
> Anyway, possibly food for thought if XSLT means something to you ...

Quite interesting.  I brought up this *exact* point at the Stackless BOF at
IPC9.  I mentioned that the immediate reason I was interested in Stackless was
to supercharge the efficiency of 4XSLT.  I think that a stackless 4XSLT could
pretty much annihilate the other processors in the field for performance.