[Python-Dev] test_doctest failing, but perhaps by accident

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
21 Mar 2001 21:03:40 +0000

"Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> writes:

> When running the full test suite, test_doctest fails (in current CVS; did not
> fail yesterday).  This was on Windows.  Other platforms?

Yes.  Linux.

I'm getting:

We expected (repr): 'doctest.Tester.runstring.__doc__'
But instead we got: 'doctest.Tester.summarize.__doc__'

> Does not fail in isolation.

Indeed.

How does doctest order it's tests?  I bet the changes just made to
dictobject.c make the order of dict.items() slightly unpredictable
(groan).

Cheers,
M.

--
81. In computing, turning the obvious into the useful is a living
    definition of the word "frustration".