[Python-Dev] Re: any more checkins

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:56:56 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> two main messy ones are getting reloading right (i am really hurting
> for lack of a working find_module here!)

I made an attempt at this last night but didn't finish, so reloading
isn't correct at the moment for submodules in packages.  It appears
that i'm going to have to built a few pieces of infrastructure to make
it work well: a find_module that understands packages, a sure-fire
way of distinguishing the different kinds of ImportError, and a
reliable reloader in the end.  The particular issue of incompletely-
imported modules is especially thorny, and i don't know if there's
going to be any good solution for that.

Oh, and it would be nice for the "help" object to be a little more
informative, but that could just be considered documentation; and
a test_pydoc suite would be good.

-- ?!ng