[Python-Dev] test_minidom crash

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:13:45 -0500

> Using "cvs export -kv" is a Good Idea for a release!  That's because
> if others import the release into their own CVS, or pull the file into
> an unrelated CVS repository, your revision numbers are preserved.

I know, but I doubt that htis is used much any more.  I haven't had
any complaints about this, and I know that we didn't use -kv for
previous releases (I checked 1.5.2, 1.6 and 2.0).

> I haven't followed this thread very carefully, but isn't there a
> better way to fix the problem rather than stop using -kv (I'm not sure
> that's what Guido has in mind)?

Well, if we only us -kv to create the final tarball and installer, and
everybody else uses just the CVS version, the problem is that we don't
have enough testing time in.

Given that most code is written to deal with "$Revision: 1.9 $", why
bother breaking it?