[Python-Dev] [Very Long 23kb] List of Patches to Go in 2.0.1

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:19:19 -0500

> > The few where I had doubts have already been covered
> > by others.  As the saying goes, "check it in" :-)
>
> I'm afraid it will still take time to generate the patches, apply
> them, test them, etc....

Understood!  There's no immediate hurry (except for the fear that you
might be distracted by real work :-).

> I was hoping to create a list of patches tonight, but I'm a bit too
> dead. I'll post to p-l tommorow with the new list of patches.

You're doing great.  Take some rest.

> PS.
> Tools/script/logmerge.py loses version numbers. That pretty much
> sucks for doing the work I did, even though the raw log was worse --
> I ended up cross referencing and finding version numbers by hand.
> If anyone doesn't have anything better to do, here's a nice gift
> for 2.1 ;-)

Yes, it sucks.  Feel free to check in a change into the 2.1 tree!

> PPS.
> Most of the work I can do myself just fine. There are a couple of places
> where I could *really* need some help. One of those is testing fixes
> for bugs which manifest on exotic OSes (and as far as I'm concerned,
> Windows is as exotic as they come <95 wink>.) Please let me know if
> you're interested in testing patches for them.

PL will volunteer Win98se and Win2000 testing.